We are looking for a passionate and experienced school counselor to develop and implement a counseling program to assist students in their personal, social, and academic development. The school counselor’s responsibilities include conducting assessments to evaluate students’ abilities, assisting students with career planning, and ensuring students have all the tools to become productive and well-adjusted adults.
To be successful as a school counselor you should be compassionate, patient, and adaptable. A top school counselor should be prepared to assist any of our students with personal or academic issues.
School Counselor Responsibilities:
- Listening to students’ concerns regarding social, academic, or personal circumstances.
- Providing students with support and guidance on how to deal with problems.
- Mediating and improving relationships between students, parents, and teachers.
- Counseling individuals and groups as required.
- Conducting assessments to determine students’ strengths, weaknesses, interests, and aptitudes.
- Working with students to develop and improve their skill set.
- Assisting students in the development of career goals.
- Assisting students with scholarship, college, and job applications.
- Implementing programs to combat substance abuse.
- Referring students to other support services and mental health professionals as needed.
School Counselor Requirements:
- Master’s degree in school counseling.
- 2+ years of experience as a school counselor.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of counseling models, methods, and resources.
- Ability to identify and respond to students’ needs.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Must be patient and compassionate.
- High level of integrity.